Dear Al-Rihlah supporters!
This is Imran and Omar Ghani here saying hello. It’s been a while since we’ve updated you on things but now that the ride is just around the corner we thought we’d bring you all up to speed. This past year of training and route planning has faced us with many challenges that have led to incredible physical and spiritual growth. We are ready to experience a unique Hajj trip and are excited to share it with you along the way.
- Thanks to your support we raised $11,136 during our LaunchGood crowd funding campaign. These funds were used to purchase our bicycles, traveling equipment, and food. Major thanks to our sponsors Bicycle World and Fifth Moon Studios for the support they have given our project.
- Due to circumstances that occur in life many of our teammates will be unable to do the ride. Thank you Jaudy, Umer, Emad, Usman, and Talha for being amazing team mates. We love you and hope you have benefited from this endeavor. We are forever thankful to you for believing in this project. Omar and I will be remember you throughout the ride.
Major Changes to the Ride
- Due to the political instability in Eurasia and the Middle East we have decided to change the cycling portion of al-Rihlah to here in the United States. The above map is the new route that we will be following.
- The ride will be a combination of about 50-60 miles of cycling everyday and driving to safe camp sites.
- We understand that our final project is NOT what we promised you when soliciting your financial support. If you would like your contribution returned then please message us and we will provide you a full refund.
- Important Dates:
- Sunday, July 19th – Send-off party!
- Monday, July 20th – Imran to start cycling from Houston towards the Guadalupe Mountains.
- Friday, July 31st – Omar to leave Houston and catch up to Imran at Guadalupe Mountains
- Cycling + Road Tripping to various National Parks in the Western U.S.
- Tuesday, August 18th – Imran to end cycling portion at Berkeley, CA and start school.
- Monday, September 7th – Omar to continue U.S. trip solo
- Saturday, September 12th – Leave Houston for Hajj
- Monday, September 28th – Return home
The time has come friends!
Come out and wish us farewell before we hit the road. We have been planning, training, and praying tirelessly and ready for an amazing trip.
Sunday, July 19th @ 8-10pm
1127 Eldridge Pkwy #100, Houston, TX 77077
FB Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/937014206356387/
What to Expect During the Trip
- Vlogs and blog posts by Imran and Omar
- Photography, photography, and more photography!
- Visiting masjids and other religious centers across America.
- Sharing as many conversations as possible with the new people we meet .
With that being said we wanted to thank you once again for your support. Please pray that we are able to complete this journey safely and in good health. Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.